as defined at Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006,
is as follows:
1. any tailless, stout-bodied amphibian of the order
Anura, including the smooth, moist-skinned frog species that live in a damp or semiaquatic habitat and the warty, drier-skinned toad species that are mostly terrestrial as adults.
2. Also called true frog,
ranid, any frog of the widespread family Ranidae, most members of which are
semi-aquatic and have smooth, moist skin and relatively long hind legs used for leaping. Compare toad (def. 2).
3. a slight hoarseness, usually caused by mucus on the vocal cords: a frog in the throat.
4. (often initial capital letter) Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a French person or a person of French descent.
5. a small holder made of heavy material, placed in a bowl or vase to hold flower stems in position.
6. a recessed panel on one of the larger faces of a brick or the like.
7. Music. nut (def. 11b).
–verb (used without object)
8. to hunt and catch frogs.
9. (often initial capital letter) Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. French or
[Origin: bef. 1000; ME
frogge, OE frogga, frocga; cf. dial., ME frosh, ON froskr, OHG frosk (G
Frosch); (defs. 4, 9) because Frenchmen were stereotypically thought of as eating frogs;
(defs. 5, 6) of unclear derivation and perh. of distinct orig.]
Here is where you can learn all about Frogs. Frogs are cool
critters. You'd be amazed at the number of species of frogs and the fact
that there are still species being discovered all over the world.
The most recent frog
discovery was made in a remote region of Columbia, in August 2007. The frog
is being called at this time, the golden frog of Supatá. This frog is
approximately 2 centimeters in length and is yellowish in color. It's really
quite a pretty little frog. They believe this frog is poisonous. Scientists
believe this frog is part of a group of very venomous frogs called
"dart frogs". They really don't much about this frog yet, as they
only place this frog resides is in the remote area of Columbia on about a 50